Share This Article
Free at home COVID tests are becoming more popular as the summer season is getting closer in the United States. Even the federal government of the United States understands the value of free at home tests.
Because of all that, the federal government announced that they are going to provide aid free at home COVID tests to every household in the United States. It will be the third installment of ad hoc tests by the federal government for every household in the United States.
These steps are going to be separate from eight free reimbursements every month for insured people, and free testing at nearby pharmacies.
Order free at home COVID test
The White House has already mentioned that even if you are eligible to receive free at home COVID tests from the federal government of the United States, you have to order these tests by yourself.
The United States Postal Service is going to deliver these free at home COVID tests at your doorstep at no extra cost. you don’t even have to pay for the delivery charges as everything is covered by the federal government.
We have mentioned a step-by-step process where you can easily order a free at home COVID test sitting at your home using your laptop or mobile phone.
Kindly do not enter any wrong information while filling out the form. The United States Postal Service is also not going to deliver tests more than once in one location.
If you have already ordered these tests and now you are trying to do it once again using different names and contact information, this is not going to work.
- To order your free at home test, you have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to the official website of COVID tests launched by the federal government.
- As soon as you land on the page, kindly Scroll down and look for a button named order free at-home tests, and click on that button.
- This button will take you to the official website of the United States Postal Service. At the same time, it will also redirect you to the free at home COVID test order page.
- On the official website of the United States Postal Service and order page, you will find two options to fill out.
- First of all, you have to fill in your complete name and address, and after that, you have to enter your contact information if you want updates regarding shipping which is completely optional.
- Kindly do not make any mistakes while filling the first section, which is your complete name and complete address.
- The United States Postal Service is only going to deliver one package containing eight tests to each shipping address only once. If you do not fill out the information correctly, then the USPS also holds a right to reject your order.
Kindly remember, under any circumstances, you are not allowed to pay anything for your free at-home go with tests. The federal government of the United States is going to bear every penny For your tests.
There are some platforms and scamming websites that are asking to pay a couple of dollars as a shipping fee or convenience fee, which is completely wrong.
You do not have to pay anything to anyone, whether it’s a convenience or shipping fees. Apart from that, you do not need any prescription from your doctor to get these free at home COVID tests.
Lastly, you can order these tests sitting in your home using your own laptop or mobile phone. There is no paid portal or anything else which will help you order free at home tests.
What is a free at home Covid test?
Free at home COVID tests provided by the federal government of the United States are rapid antigen tests available in every pharmacy and mall throughout the nation.
These rapid antigen tests are very easy to use. You don’t have to take your samples to your nearby laboratory to get the results, as these tests are capable of generating results within a couple of minutes without any extra tool.
Representation and tests are very similar to at home pregnancy tests. You will get a plastic strip with a similar configuration. You just have to provide your sample, and within a few minutes, the test will come up with results.
As compared to regular RTPCR tests, the effectiveness or accuracy of free at home COVID tests or rapid antigen tests is lower. But, given the difference between pricing and result time, we cannot blame it.
How to take the free at home COVID test?
It is very easy to take the free at home COVID test. Each test will come with a test strip, sample collection swab, and liquid. The testing process of most at home COVID tests is going to be similar, while some tests could be different depending on the type of the tests.
Apart from that, every free at home COVID test will come with its own instruction manual. If you are not able to follow the instructions or step-by-step procedure provided by us, you can also read the instruction manual that came with your test.
Before we start, you should wash your hands with water and soap for at least 30 seconds. Hand hygiene is very important to get the highest levels of accuracy with your free at-home COVID tests.
- First of all, you have to open your free at home COVID test kit and find the sample collection swab.
- Now take the sample collection lobe and rotate it five times in each of your nostrils. Kindly do not enter the whole swab into your nostril. Only enter half to ¾ of an inch.
- Once you have taken the Sample, put the swab back in the packing.
- Now, open The liquid bottle along with your test, dip your sample swab In the liquid and rotate at least 15 times.
- Now, Drop three drops of Liquid on the testing strip. Kindly make sure you are dropping the drops on the sample collection spot. It will be a circle.
- Once you have dropped the liquid drops on the strip, it will take around 15 minutes to provide the results.
As you can clearly see, It is very easy to take a free at-home COVID test on your own without getting help from anyone else.
Sometimes the above given step-by-step process can be very challenging for some people. If you are among those people who are not able to follow the step-by-step process, then you can check the test manual that came with your test kit, or you can also search for the same on the Internet and watch videos.
Other free at home COVID tests
Apart from the test kits provided by the federal government, there are two ways to get free at home COVID tests.
In January 2022, the federal government of the United States announced that every insured person in the United States is eligible to receive the reimbursements of eight free at-home COVID tests for each person in the policy.
These reimbursements are going to be provided by the health insurance provider. If you have four people in your policy, then you are eligible to get 32 free at home COVID tests from your health insurance provider each month.
The federal government wants to increase the frequency of testing. That is why they are launching these facilities.
Apart from every other option, you can always get yourself tested free of cost at a nearby pharmacy. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is in partnership with several pharmaceutical giants actively working in the United States to provide free COVID testing.
These pharmacies won’t allow you to take these tests at your home, but there is an option for people who have exhausted their other options, or they are not eligible to use other options.
Someone else ordered a free at home COVID test at my address. What should I do?
It also happened when the federal government launched the free at-home COVID tests two times before. There are some people who might use your address to order free at home COVID tests and then collect those tests under your name. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do but report the incident to the authorities. Authorities might be able to help by using CCTV cameras near your house.
How many days does it take to deliver free at home COVID tests by the USPS?
On the day of the announcement of the free at home COVID test, The White House representative clearly mentioned that this time they are going to pick up the speed. Previously, it took around 7 to 14 days to deliver these tests, but now, they are going to aim for under one week. The latest reports on a similar subject have stated that the United States Postal Service is delivering the tests within seven days.