Binax now covid test – Till we receive the latest and updated variant-specific vaccine for COVID-19, we must ensure our safety using the COVID protocol. The current vaccines for COVID-19 are not capable of protecting the general public from the currently dominating barriers of COVID-19 in the United States.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, along with the Food and Drug Administration of the United States, have already made it clear that current vaccines are not capable enough to ensure the safety of the general public against the disease.
Back in June 2022, the Food and Drug Administration of the United States suggested every vaccine manufacturer in the country work on a variant-specific vaccine. Pfizer and Moderna vaccine manufacturers have already made the vaccine, but it has not received approval from the FDA.
Till then, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest everyone keep testing their cell phone regularly to ensure their safety against viruses. Home COVID tests are the best way to test yourself regularly as you don’t have to visit any pharmacy or testing site.
That is why today we are here to talk about everything related to the Binax now covid test. You can look at how you can take the test at your home and where you can easily buy them.
How to take Binax Now Covid Test
Let’s start with the basic word regarding every rapid antigen test. A lot of people do not know how to take the Binax now covid test. If you are also among those people, then keep reading every step very carefully as we are going to discuss it step-by-step.
Kindly make sure you are following every step very carefully, as any mistake can result in a false result or an invalid test.
Before You Start
Before you start the whole testing process, kindly follow the below-given guidelines. It also contains some information that might be required for you during the testing process.
- First of all, you should wash your hands and dry them using a dryer or paper towel. Any water droplet can result in an invalid test.
- Each box of Binax now the covid test, is going to contain two test kits. It means you can take the test twice with a $20 pack.
- Open the box and take out one kit on the table and keep the second kit away.
- Once you have taken out the testing kit, kindly open the biggest pouch you can see. It is the testing card.
- As soon as you open the testing card, you will see the testing card with a blue line.
- If your testing card does not contain the blue line in the center of the control and sample, then do not use this card as it is an invalid test.
- Now take the dropper and remove its cap. The dropper is the smallest component in the test.
- Once you have removed the cap of your dropper, kindly open your testing kit and place six drops in the top hole of the testing kit.
- Kindly make sure that your dropper is not touching the card. And make sure you are only dropping six drops.
- Once you have dropped the required drops, it is time for you to open the swap package and take the stick out.
- Make sure you are not touching the swab from any end.
- Now, insert the swab into your nostril about ¾ of an inch, and rub it against the inside walls of your nostril. Make sure you rub it five to six times. The whole process is going to take around 15 to 20 seconds.
- Once you have rubbed the nasal swab five times in one nostril, you can take it out and insert it in another. Kindly repeat the same process once again.
- Now, insert that slab into the bottom hole of the testing kit and make sure it is visible from the top hole.
- Do not remove the testing swab for two minutes, and Rotate it three times.
- Once that process is done, you can peel off the inner line of adhesive on the right side and close the testing kit.
- Do not forget to press that adhesive on the right side to keep the testing kit closed.
Once you have performed all the steps carefully, it will take around 15 minutes to deliver the results. If you were seeing two lines, one in control and one in the sample, it means you are positive.
On the other hand, if you are only seeing one line at the control, it means you are negative for COVID-19. If there is no line in that test, it means your testing is wrong, and you should take it once again.
There is also a probability that you can only get light color lines.
Where to buy Binax Now Covid Test?
Before we completely wrap up this session, let’s take a quick look at where you can buy Binax now covid test.
Binax now the covid test is available everywhere in the United States. You can buy them at nearby Walmart, Target, CVS pharmacy, Walgreens, Rite Aid pharmacy, or any other retail and pharmacy store.
There are two things you should keep in mind before you buy it. First of all, you should check the expiry date of the test. These tests come with an expiry date, and after crossing the expiry date, you cannot trust the results.
Another thing you should take a look at is its pricing. You should not pay more than $20 for these tests. Even at $20, you are going to get a pack of two tests. It means every test is going to cost you around $10.
The official website of the company has mentioned that you can buy these tests at nearby
- Walgreens pharmacy
- CVS pharmacy
- Rite Aid pharmacy
All About Binax Now Covid Test
Binax now covid test Is at home COVID test which is also known as rapid antigen test. It is a US FDA-approved COVID test that is available at most pharmacies all around the country. You can easily buy them at any nearby Walmart, Target, CVS, or other pharmacies.
One of the biggest benefits of the Binax now the covid test is that It can provide test results within 10 to 15 minutes. On the other hand, laboratory-based COVID tests are going to take a round of 24 to 48 hours to deliver the results.
The regulations for those tests are changing, and most people might have to pay for their test unless they are experiencing any of the symptoms related to the virus. Rapid antigen tests like Binax now covid test are cheaper to take as you can easily buy them at $10 apiece.
A laboratory process global test can cost around $129, whereas Binax now the covid test is available at just $10 apiece.
Accuracy of Binax Now Covid Test
Yes, the accuracy of Binax now covid test or any other rapid antigen test is much lower as compared to laboratory-processed COVID tests, but other benefits can cover up the whole thing.
The Food and Drug Administration of the United States believes every authorized rapid antigen test is capable of providing an accuracy of around 80%. It means you can have two false test results after every 10 tests.
On the other hand, laboratory processes of the COVID test, including RT PCR tests, are known to have an accuracy of around 97%. As compared to 97% with the 80% off rapid antigen tests, you might think that it is not a good type of test, but you also have to take a look at other things, including easiness and the pricing.
A rapid antigen test is available at $10 apiece. On the other hand, you have to spend around $125 to get the RT PCR test.
Apart from all that, Binax’s now covid test and any other rapid antigen test is way faster to provide results as compared to the RT PCR test. You can perform the whole test and get your results within 15 to 20 minutes. On the other hand, the RT PCR test is going to take around 24 to 48 hours to deliver the results.