How Long Does Phentermine stay in your system – Weight loss is a very tricky and simple thing at the same time. People who are in healthy condition and understand the game of calorie deficit can easily lose weight whenever they want.
On the other hand, people with some health issues might not be able to lose weight as easily as a normal person. In those conditions, your doctor might suggest you take some medication so that you can suppress your appetite and lose weight at a much faster pace.
Phentermine is one of those medicines which is recommended by health experts so that people can lose weight at a much faster pace. Today, we will take a look at how long does phentermine stay in your system? As the medicine can cause some side effects, so it is important for you to learn everything regarding its staying in your system.
What is Phentermine?
Phentermine is a prescription medicine that is recommended by doctors to assist people who are struggling with weight loss. With its chemical, the medicine is capable of decreasing the effect and helping you trigger your weight loss journey or increase its speed.
Usually, doctors prescribe it for around three to six weeks, depending on the conditions, but it can go up to 12 weeks for people who are exercising and eating a low-calorie diet but are stuck in a plateau phase.
Several diet pills or weight loss pills also include similar ingredients used in this medicine.
How long can Phentermine stay in your system?
Now let’s discuss the timing of Phentermine. As for the health experts, medicine can be detected in three different ways. It can be detected using your blood, urine, and hair.
The timing of detection is also going to be completely different and depends on the type of the test. For example, a hair test can tell about the medicine for up to 30 days. On the other hand, a blood test cannot tell about the medicine once it has crossed 24 hours.
- Phentermine can be detected in your blood for up to 24 hours
- Phentermine can be detected in your unit for one to four days.
- Phentermine can be detected in your hair for up to 30 days.
As you can see in the above-given points, Phentermine can be detected in your system for up to 30 days if you are taking a hair test.
Factors that can affect the detection time
Just like in life, the detection time of medicine is not straightforward. Every person in the world cannot have a similar detection time. There are a lot of factors that can affect your detection time, and you should consider those factors also.
- One of the major factors which can affect your detection time is the date of metabolism or if the person may take longer to absorb the medicine, and you might be able to detect it even after 24 hours in a blood test.
- The dosage of the medicine can also influence the whole detection time as higher doses are going to stay in your system for a longer period of time as compared to regular or half doses.
- Lastly, the metabolism of the person is also one of the biggest drivers of increasing or decreasing detection time. People with higher metabolic rates can absorb the medicine at a much faster pace, and you might not be able to detect it after 20 hours in their blood test.
How long can it take to feel the effects?
When we talk about how long the medicine is going to stay in your system, it is also important for you to learn about how long it takes to start its effects.
Phentermine is a unique medicine that can stimulate the central nervous system and suppress your appetite. It is absorbed through the gastronomical tract, and it can reach its peak concentrations in the blood in around three to four hours.
And in the short-term effects, you might start feeling decreased appetite, euphoria, hyperactivity, anxiety, irritability, and chest pain.
The medicine is available in both extended-release and immediate-release forms. Similar to general logic, the extended-release is going to take a little bit longer to start showing its effects in your body, and health experts suggest it take half an hour before your meal.
Side effects of Phentermine
Phentermine can cause a combination of side effects, including both serious and common. In case you are experiencing any of the below-given side effects, then you should consult with your doctor, as some of these side effects can be very harmful to your overall well-being.
Severe side effects
Let’s start with the severe side effects as they are more serious, and you should consult with your doctor in case you are experiencing any severe side effects. Even though there is very little probability that you will ever experience severe side effects, you can, and you should be aware of them.
- There’s a probability that you will start feeling short of breath and have difficulty breathing once you take medicine.
- After taking medicine, you might start feeling just pain, and there is a probability that you will feel like passing out.
- You can experience swollen ankles and fields after taking medicine, but it can also be associated with other problems caused by Phentermine.
- There might be some unusual changes in your blood pressure, and you might experience severe headaches, blurred vision, and anxiety due to increased blood pressure.
- Lastly, there is a probability that you will experience restlessness and trouble while sleeping.
You should consult with your doctor if you are experiencing any of the above given from your side effect. All of these conditions can cause life-threatening situations.
Common side effects
There is a huge list of common side effects which are associated with Phentermine. Usually, these side effects do not cause many serious conditions, but in some cases, these side effects can also get severe and cause life-threatening conditions. You should keep an eye on the severity of these side effects.
- There is a probability that you will start feeling itching and headache once you take medicine.
- Apart from that, there is also a probability that you will have a dry mouth and an unpleasant taste after taking medicine.
- There are some chances that you will experience diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, and other digestive issues.
What is the safe dose of Phentermine?
Phentermine is prescribed medicine, and your doctor will suggest those along with the frequency of medicine. There is no right or wrong dose as everyone has a Different appetite and different history with similar drugs.